This is my walkthrough of JIS-CTF VulnUpload, a beginner boot2root challenge. Although relatively easy, it is a nice opportunity to train your skills and sharpen your tools.More …
Hi, these are the notes I took while watching the “Doing recon like a boss” talk given by Ben Sadeghipour (@nahamsec) on LevelUp 2017.
[UPDATE] I modified these notes after watching the updated version of this talk: “It’s the little things” by Ben Sadeghipour & Jon Bottarini (Disobey 2018).
- “Doing recon like a boss” video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kg0_53ZEq8
- “It’s the little things” video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5clT3JN7R8w
- Why: Bigger attack surface, more bugs, more bounties, more problems
Traditional way for finding subdomains (brute forcing)
- Brute force
Hi, these are the notes I took while watching the “Esoteric subdomain enumeration techniques” talk given by Bharath Kumar on LevelUp 2017.
- Video: https://youtu.be/e_Gq99CKAys
- Slides: https://speakerdeck.com/yamakira/esoteric-sub-domain-enumeration-techniques
- Github repository: https://github.com/appsecco/bugcrowd-levelup-subdomain-enumeration
- Cheatsheet: https://github.com/appsecco/bugcrowd-levelup-subdomain-enumeration/blob/master/cheatsheet.pdf
Hi, today’s tip is an Nmap option. It’s nothing extroardinary but I haven’t been aware of it for years and the day I stumbled on it, it has simply changed my life.
So I’m sharing it with you today on the off chance that you’re not using.
Hi, I’m very happy to present you this week’s five items! They each taught me something that I’ve started using or added to my pentest/bug bounty checklist.
1. Scanners benchmark
I enjoyed reading this Web Application Vulneability Scanners Benchmark for its precision and the number of open source tools mentioned.
Currently, I’m only using Burp Pro and none of the free open source scanners. But after reading this benchmark, I think I’m going to start playing with some of the open source tools too. ZAP and Arachni in particular seem to complement Burp Pro for all the vulnerability classes tested.